This webinar will provide tools and techniques in business development for managers, senior managers and Partners of CPA firms.
In this webinar, we will examine the Canadian Standard on Quality Management (CSQM) 1 and CSQM 2, which is proposed to replace the Canadian Standard on Quality Control (CSQC 1).
CSQM 1 provides a new approach to quality management at the firm level including guidance on a risk assessment process. The standard sets out what is needed in a firm’s quality control to manage the quality of engagements performed by the firm. CSQM 2 provides guidance on engagement quality reviews. Guidance for both quality management and engagement quality reviews are currently contained in CSQC 1.
The webinar will examine key differences between CSQM 1 and 2 compared to CSQC 1 to help firms prepare for the future transition to the new quality management standards.
This is a multiple webinar program ((Three webinars, 3 hrs each) designed to address technical and communication competencies that are important for new managers in a CPA firm. Topics include:
- Planning and designing effective assurance procedures
- Effective use of analytical procedures for engagements (including data analytics and data extraction software)
- Business development and growing your professional network
- Providing and receiving effective feedback
This is a multiple webinar program (three webinars, 3 hrs each) designed to address technical and communication competencies that are important for new seniors in a CPA firm. Topics include:
- Understanding your role in planning and risk assessment as a senior
- How to supervise your staff while completing your own work
- How to increase your productivity as a senior
This is a multiple webinar program (three webinars, 3 hrs each) designed to address technical and communication competencies that are important for experience staff (1-2 busy seasons) with a CPA firm.
This is a multiple webinar (five webinars, 3 hrs each) program designed to address technical and communication competencies that are important for new staff joining a CPA firm (with little prior CPA firm experience).
In this online course, we will examine specific areas of the CPA code of professional conduct (“code”) and use case studies to highlight key learning objectives. This presentation will also introduce a critical thinking methodology that will be applied to an ethical decision-making framework. Finally, we will explore current events relevant to the professional to understand how to apply lessons learned to deepen our ethical decision-making framework.
The learning objectives of this course include:
- Understanding how we make decisions using tools such as the Heinz dilemma
- Understanding how our organizational culture affects our decision-making process
- Applying a critical thinking methodology that will be applied to a relevant case study
The course will also explore current events relevant to the professional to understand how to apply lessons learned to deepen our ethical decision-making framework.
2.0 hrs of verifiable CPD (Certificate will be provided upon course completion)
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been in our collective awareness since the introduction of the villainous computer HAL 9000 in Stanley Kubrick’s classic film 2001. AI has had a few moments in popular culture such as supercomputer IBM Watson’s appearance on Jeopardy in 2011 but has typically been seen as more science fiction than reality. Today, we are interacting with AI more than we ever have and more than what we might realize. Common interactions with AI include the use of Google Home, Netflix and Amazon. The future is now for AI. In this webinar presentation, we will explore how AI is being used and the implications of AI for the future of our profession.
- Understanding what the difference is between our perception of AI vs the reality.
- Defining machine learning
- Identifying machine learning examples that are already a part of our professional and personal lives
- Examining how artificial intelligence technology may affect our profession
- Providing action steps to prepare for the integration of artificial intelligence by our organizations and clients
0.5 hrs of verifiable CPD (Certificate will be provided upon course completion)