LIVE WEBINARIntroduction to Audit Data Analytics (ADA) | Price: Contact us
This webinar will examine how auditors traditionally use analytic procedures such as means, modes, and variance analysis. Collectively these traditional techniques are referred to as summary statistics. However, audit data analytics are much more than summary statistics. We will define and explore the term “audit data analytics” or ADAs. We will then walkthrough ADAs’ application, including data visualization techniques using custom programmed software.
The application of the ADAs has the potential to be a transformative change to how auditors perform testing. The change is analogous to Major League Baseball’s journey to embracing data analytics to help make decisions captured in the book and film Moneyball. This webinar aims to help auditors move into a data analytics mindset to unlock the opportunities of integrating ADAs into an audit engagement.
After completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define audit data analytics (ADA)
- Identify the difference between summary statistics and data visualization
- Identify where and how in the three phases of the audit (planning, execution and review) that ADAs can be applied
- Identify ADA examples, including data visualization.
- Identify the benefits and challenges of using ADAs
In order to be awarded the full credits, participants must respond to three out of four polling questions asked during each CPE credit hour.
- Program Level: Basic
- Program pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
- Advance preparation: None
- Delivery method: Group internet based
- CPE credits: Participants will earn 1.0 CPE credit in the field of study of audit and 1.0 CPE in the field of study of information technology
- Refunds and cancellations: Sheriff Consulting will issue refunds for courses cancelled by participants no later than 24 hours before the start time of the program. For more information regarding refund, complaint, and/or program cancellation, please contact our offices: email@example.com
Sheriff Consulting is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Share this entry
An engaging approach to professional development