On DemandProfessional Ethics and Tranformative Technologies | Price: $95.00
Transformative technologies are defined as tech that can facilitate mental health, emotional well-being, and enhanced human thriving. These have also been less optimistically labelled as disruptive innovation/technology.
This course provides a current and relevant discussion of transformative technologies and their ethical implications. It is a hot-button issue. The transformative technologies of Big Data, AI, and Blockchain affect our day-to-day lives.
However, the ethical implications of these technologies for privacy, professional judgement and ESG are still not fully understood. This course will both introduce these transformative technologies and help participants understand the ethical implications of using these technologies.
Course publication date: September 1, 2022
After completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Define transformative technology.
2. Describe three transformative technologies: Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Blockchain.
3. Recognize how transformative technology is reshaping accounting.
4. Identify ethical considerations and implications for transformative technologies.
5. Discuss the importance of judgment and decision-making when interacting with transformative technologies.
- Program Level: Basic
- Program pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
- Advance preparation: None
- Delivery method: QAS Self Study
- CPE credits: PParticipants will earn 2 CPE credits in the field of study of information technology and 0.5 CPE in behavioral ethics. Total of 2.5 CPE credits.
- Refunds and cancellations: Sheriff Consulting will issue refunds for courses cancelled by participants no later than 24 hours before the start time of the program. For more information regarding refund, complaint, and/or program cancellation, please contact our offices: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheriff Consulting is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Share this entry
An engaging approach to professional development