Transformative technologies are defined as tech that can facilitate mental health, emotional wellbeing, and enhanced human thriving. These have also been less optimistically labelled as disruptive innovation/technology.
Today, we are beginning to feel the impacts of three transformative technologies within our society:
- Big data
- Artificial intelligence
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency
These transformative technologies have the potential to help us in our day-to-day lives. However, there are significant ethical implications to these technologies for:
- Professional judgement/critical thinking
- Environment, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG)
This on-demand ethics course will introduce these transformative technologies and examine their ethical implications.
- Defining transformative technologies
- Understanding the big three transformative technologies: Big data, Artificial intelligence, Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Identifying the ethical considerations and implications of each of these three transformative technologies