On DemandHow to Deliver Engaging and Effective Virtual Presentations | Price: $95.00
As the Jerry Seinfeld joke goes, “More people fear public speaking than death. That means at a funeral, more people would rather be in the casket than giving the eulogy.”
Delivering a presentation is an anxiety-producing experience for almost everyone. However, as public speakers, we all bring aspects of ourselves that will engage an audience. Therefore, improving your presentation design and delivery takes practice and self-awareness.
As a result of our shift to the hybrid working environment, many professionals find themselves presenting to teams, clients and others using teleconferencing software such as Zoom, Go to Training, Microsoft Teams etc. However, for a live presentation, presentation design and delivery are much different from a virtual presentation. It is not enough to prepare a live presentation and do the same thing in a virtual setting. Current research shows that this will result in a lack of both clarity and participant engagement. Virtual presentations require more instructional design and preparation than live presentations.
A virtual presentation must be re-designed to promote thoughtful use of virtual engagement tools, such as audience feedback buttons, polling questions, breakout rooms and shared screens. In addition, the presenters themselves must prepare differently than for a live presentation, including setting up proper camera framing, audio levels and lighting.
Course publication date: October 1, 2021
After completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify at least 1 difference between a live presentation and a virtual presentation
2. Identify at least 1 challenge in delivering virtual presentations
3. Define CAL
4. Identify 1 way to improve your camera setup
5. Identify 1 way to improve your audio setup
6. Identify 1 way to improve your lighting setup
7. Define VARK
8. Identify at least 1 engagement tool that can be used for a virtual presentation
9.Identify at least 1 technique to improve your virtual presentation delivery
- Program Level: Basic
- Program pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
- Advance preparation: None
- Delivery method: QAS Self Study
- CPE credits: Participants will earn 2.0 CPE credits in the field of study of personal development
- Refunds and cancellations: Sheriff Consulting will issue refunds for courses cancelled by participants no later than 24 hours before the start time of the program. For more information regarding refund, complaint, and/or program cancellation, please contact our offices: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheriff Consulting is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Share this entry
An engaging approach to professional development