LIVE WEBINARDesigning and delivering engaging virtual presentations 2.0 Credits | Price: Contact us
As a result of our shift to the hybrid work environment, many professionals present to teams, clients and others using teleconferencing software such as Zoom, Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams etc. However, presentation design and delivery for a live presentation is much different than for a virtual presentation. It is not enough to simply take a prepared live presentation and do the same thing in a virtual setting. Current research shows that this will result in a lack of clarity and participant engagement. In fact, virtual presentations require more instructional design and preparation than a live presentation.
A virtual presentation must be re-designed to promote thoughtful use of virtual engagement tools such as audience feedback buttons, polling questions, breakout rooms and shared screens. The presenters themselves must prepare differently than for a live presentation including setting up proper camera framing, audio levels and lighting.
After completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify attributes of an engaging virtual presentation
- Identify what can go wrong in a virtual presentation
- Identify the differences between a virtual presentation and a live presentation
- Define VARK (visual, auditory, reading, kinesthetic)
- Apply VARK to instructional design
- Define CAL (camera, audio and lighting)
- Identify CAL best practices
- Identify virtual presenter best practices
In order to be awarded the full credits, participants must respond to three out of four polling questions asked during each CPE credit hour.
- Program Level: Basic
- Program pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites for this course
- Advance preparation: None
- Delivery method: Group internet based
- CPE credits: Participants will earn 2.0 CPE credit in the field of study of personal development
- Refunds and cancellations: Sheriff Consulting will issue refunds for courses cancelled by participants no later than 24 hours before the start time of the program. For more information regarding refund, complaint, and/or program cancellation, please contact our offices: email@example.com
Sheriff Consulting is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
An engaging approach to professional development